In the last 24 hours, the United States and coalition forces have been hard at work making calculated precision air strikes against ISIS/ISIL in Iraq and Syria eliminating threats to the people of those countries as well as countries around the world that rest firmly in the crosshairs of the Islamic State.
In a press release on Defense Video & Imagery Distribution System (DVIDS), the Combined Joint Task Force has released a list of targets that have been hit by the Coalition Forces responding to the threat in the Middle East. These targets have been attacked by an assortment of bombers, fighters, and remotely piloted aircraft, or “drones”, as they’re commonly called.
All told, from 0800 local on February 1, 2015 to 0800 local on February 2, 2015, there were a total of 27 airstrikes near 12 different cities in two different countries. All aircraft were reported safe back at base after the strikes were carried out, although the type and nationality of all aircraft involved are unknown.
Here’s the list of cities and targets as posted on DVIDS:
* Near Kobani, nine airstrikes struck three large ISIL tactical units, five ISIL tactical units and destroyed six ISIL staging areas and an ISIL vehicle.
* Near Dayr as Zawr, an airstrike struck an ISIL checkpoint.
* Near Al Asad, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL mortar position and one ISIL fighting position.
* Near Huwayjah, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL fighting position.
* Near Al Rutbah, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Kirkuk, three airstrikes struck two ISIL tactical units and destroyed two ISIL fighting positions, an ISIL vehicle, an ISIL tactical vehicle, one ISIL bunker, and three ISIL earth movers.
* Near Bayji, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit.
* Near Sinjar, an airstrike struck an ISIL tactical unit and destroyed an ISIL building.
* Near Tal Afar, an airstrike destroyed an ISIL weapons storage facility.
* Near Fallujah, four airstrikes struck an ISIL tactical unit, one ISIL vehicle and destroyed eight ISIL vehicles.
* Near Haditha, two airstrikes destroyed an ISIL fighting position and one ISIL vehicle.
* Near Mosul, two airstrikes destroyed an ISIL fighting position and an ISIL vehicle.
This is the list of the Coalition countries involved in Operation Inherent Resolve which is the name of the operation that is attempting to track and eliminate ISIS and ISIL targets in the Middle East as reported by DVIDS: U.S., Australia, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Netherlands and the United Kingdom. Coalition nations conducting airstrikes in Syria include the U.S., Bahrain, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
 Defense Video & Imagery Distribution System: http://www.dvidshub.net/news/153287/military-airstrikes-continue-against-isil-syria-and-iraq#.VM_oLEJ6gQR#ixzz3Qd3Y9a2x