Everyone spends a lot of time reading our articles, but we want to read yours too!
The purpose of the Journal is to educate and inform through member driven engagement. What really makes The Warfighter Journal unique is that ALL of our readers have the ability to write and submit their original work to be published on the Journal.
The Warfighter Journal accepts submissions for the following areas:
Analytical Articles: (Referenced and Cited factual educational essays designed to develop critical thinking skills and drive community growth and engagement) (These are generally between 750 and 1000+ words, have no maximum length restrictions, and must include references)
Bulletin Articles: (Length guidelines vary)
– The Vetrepreneur (Articles, Interest Pieces, OpEd’s, and Original Stories discussing Veteran Entrepreneurship and Business)(500 words or more, with no maximum length restrictions)
– Interest (Articles covering a topic of general interest which can be entertaining, factual, serious, or nearly anything else) (generally 500+ words)
– Opinion (Well-balanced and well-thought out opinionated pieces) (generally 300+ words)
– Travel (Original articles covering or documenting world travel, adventure, expeditions, culture, and unique experiences, including pictures and/or videos, from a personal perspective) (generally 500+ words)
– Situational Reports (Original News Stories written by the submitter) (generally between 250 – 500 words)
– War Stories (YOUR personal stories from your time in service) (No length requirement)
– Veterans Network (News and Analysis on Veteran specific topics and issues) (generally 300+ words)
If you are interested in submitting an article to The Journal for community engagement, information, and/or education, please read through the following information carefully, then fill out the form below.
Note: We accept personal accounts of real stories from around the world, however, there are specific guidelines that must be adhered to in order for your submission to be accepted.
What are the guidelines for submissions?
1. Your stories are your stories, they can be of any length, but we prefer that they are at least within the word length requirements listed above for each section.
2. They may not have been submitted to, posted to, or published by any other media source.
3. All submissions must include the writer’s full name – anonymous submissions written under pseudonyms will not be considered.
4. For verification purposes, all submissions must also include the writer’s complete contact information.
5. Writers should NOT disclose any personal or financial interests in the subject matter of their submissions.
Note: Please remember that The Journal prints in English so as to reach as many people around the world as possible. Submissions in any language other than English will require translation, and because timeliness is a critical factor in the selection of stories that we publish, a submission that requires translation may not be selected if too close to a publishing cycle deadline.
How are submissions selected for publication?
The Warfighter Journal proudly accepts submissions from ALL our readers around the world. Our editors look for unique perspectives, clear facts, references and citations, and sources for which to verify accounts of real events. As far as personal War Story submissions are concerned, they can be in any genre: funny, serious, factual, etc., however, please understand that we do not accept embellishments or falsified events.
Are submissions edited?
We want to keep all submissions as authentic as possible! However, if the submission needs clarification, we ONLY authorize editing for clarity or accuracy of interpretation. All submissions are fact checked. The opinions expressed are always the writer’s own and are not representative of The Journal or any of its affiliates or partners.
Note: Should any submission require editing, our staff will make all efforts to confer with writers about editing issues, but only to the extent that deadlines allow.
When will I hear about my submission?
We do our best to read all submissions promptly, but please understand that it may take time. We are not able to respond to submissions not chosen for publication. If you haven’t heard from an editor within two weeks, it’s safe to assume your story might not be published.
Where can I find my story on WarfighterJournal.com?
If published, your story will be posted in the appropriate feed for the topic you submitted your story for. You can find all feeds listed in the menu bar above.
It may take a few minutes for the form to fully submit after you click the “Submit” button. Do NOT refresh or leave the page until the form has finished. You will receive a message letting you know the form has been successfully submitted after transmission is complete.