Do you want to submit a letter to the editor?
Please read the information below carefully first.
We accept letters from all our users around the world, however, there are specific guidelines that must be adhered to in order for your submission to be accepted.
What are the guidelines for letter submissions?
Note: Please remember that The Warfighter Journal prints in English so as to reach as many people around the world as possible. Submissions in any language other than English will require translation, and because timeliness is a critical factor in the selection of letters that we publish, a letter that requires translation may not be selected if too close to a publishing cycle deadline.
1. We prefer letters that are fewer than 500 words (but we are flexible), and that take as their starting point from an article or other item appearing on WarfighterJournal.com
2. User Letter Submissions may not have been submitted to, posted to or published by any other media source.
3. All submissions must include the writer’s full name – anonymous letters and letters written under pseudonyms will not be considered.
4. For verification purposes, all letters must also include the writer’s e-mail address, and telephone number. We WILL contact you if your letter is to be published.
5. Writers should NOT disclose any personal or financial interests in the subject matter of their letters.
6. All submission should be drafted in a word document first so that proper spelling and grammar can be checked prior to copying and pasting the letter to the form below.
How are letters selected for publication?
The Warfighter Journal receives letters from our community on a regular basis. Our editors look for concise letters that offer new perspectives, and/or add depth to the discussion of an issue, post, conversation, article, etc.
Are letters edited?
Letters are ONLY edited for clarity or accuracy of interpretation. All letters are fact checked. The opinions expressed are always the writer’s own and are not representative of The Journal or any of its affiliates or partners.
Note: Should any letter require editing, our staff will make all efforts to confer with letter writers about editing issues, but only to the extent that deadlines allow.
When will I hear about my letter?
We do our best to read all letters promptly, but please understand that it may take time. We are not able to respond to letters not chosen for publication. If you haven’t heard from an editor within two weeks, it’s safe to assume your letter won’t be published.
Where can I find letters to the editor on WarfighterJournal.com?
To Submit YOUR Letter to the Editor, please fill out the form below.